It is never easy to go out for a jog with a backache. I am sure everyone suffering from sciatica feels the same. However, you can improve your condition with the appropriate footwear. For this reason, I bring you a list of the best running shoes for sciatica.
All the shoes on this list will suit you one way or another. You simply have to give them a read to know what fits you the best. I have produced this compilation after carefully studying what buyers had to say about the products on Amazon. In contrast, some of the products are ones that we tried on myself.
Keep delving in the article, and you will find yourself a perfect pair of running shoes.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Best Running Shoes For Sciatica (For Women)
- 2 Best Running Shoes For Sciatica (For Men)
- 3 Buying Guide
- 3.1 Does running exacerbate sciatica trauma? Sadly, YES!
- 3.2 What precautionary measures shall I take to decrease sciatic nerve pain?
- 3.3 What are the contributing factors behind a sciatic nerve flare-up?
- 3.4 Things to maintain arm’s length from, if you are suffering from Sciatica: The doctor’s pragmatism!
- 4 Conclusion
Best Running Shoes For Sciatica (For Women)
When it comes to Merrell, I look no further. I own a Merrell pair since I started working out, and I never felt the need to switch to any other brand. All the features of these running shoes perfectly fit the preferences I have when I look for buying myself footwear.
The Bare Access Flex Trail Runner is a new edition that has brought nothing but more comfort. People who suffer from backache know how hard it is to run, especially if you love going for a run every morning. Nevertheless, these shoes make me want to run in them all day long because it is incredibly comfortable and light in weight.
On the other hand, the cushioning and the springy heel-to-strike almost makes you float while running. I would recommend this pair to anyone looking to increase their performance even with a backache.
- EVA foam cushioning for improved comfort
- Light in weight to increase your performance
- Highly durable for longer runs
- Excellent grip for any kind of surface keeps you from losing balance
- Not recommended for wet weathers as the shoes are not water-resistant.
Who has not heard of ASICS Nimbus collection? If you are an avid runner, you might own a Nimbus shoe because it is impossible to be a runner and not know about the Nimbus collection. The running shoes do not need much introduction. Anyone who owns a pair of these running shoes says it is worth every penny.
The shoes come with extra pads at the heel to give you a feeling of running over pillows. That is how soft the material is and how comfortable you feel in them. The shoes are incredibly durable, and if you ask me, the price of these running shoes is not that bad either. Provided how we all need an excellent pair to alleviate our backache, the shoes are worth the try.
Similarly, if you want a shoe that becomes your partner for a long time, you need to look nowhere else. ASICS is famous for making shoes that last longer than you can think.
- A great looking shoe for everyday wear
- Provides comfort while running with minimal backache
- Extra cushioning to give you an excellent experience in running
- Highly durable that allows you to run marathons every day
- Small toe box crowds the toes.
A widely known running shoe brand that speaks for itself. Brooks does not disappoint its buyers. No matter what edition you pick, you will always find uncompromised comfort and durability. Regardless of what medical condition you have, Brooks running shoes will aid in reducing your troubles and give you an exceptional performance.
You can wear this shoe on any surface. The excellent grip comes from the MC pod constructions that work to give stable and balanced steps and enhance your efficiency. You will not have to upset yourself about getting injured while wearing this pair. As I mentioned, the shoes have everything to keep you satisfied. Thus, the shoes will also protect your feet.
All you have to do is to focus on exercising. Leave the rest for these running shoes to take care of.
- Maximum support to the arch that makes running easier.
- Soft leather keeps you comfortable for as long as you are wearing it.
- Wide toe box to allow room for your toes.
- Alleviates pain and maximizes performance.
- Short laces may give you a hard time trying it.
These funky looking pairs of running shoes might be what you are looking for. It is hard to believe that a shoe includes many features, given how low the product’s price is. The shoes are light in weight. This means you will find it much easier to run in them, and you will not become exhausted quickly.
When you wear it, you will also notice how fresh your feet stay no matter how long you wear them. The credit goes to the improved ventilation system that prevents moisture and odor from your feet.
Likewise, what is better than a shoe that prevents you from slipping? This is what a good shoe must do, right? No one wants to fall just because the shoes have a poor grip. The best part is the maximum cushioning that improves your productivity.
- Improved ventilation to keep you fresh.
- Excellent grip on all types of surfaces both indoor and outdoor.
- Extra cushioning to provide extra comfort.
- Supports your arch to make your every step more efficient.
- Does not last for a longer period
Best Running Shoes For Sciatica (For Men)
Brooks shoes work like your second skin. The brand is not new to us. We already know how popular their shoes are and how perfectly they craft every product. I can vouch for the shoes because when going through the buyer’s reviews, I could barely find a negative review. Most consumers were happy with what they received.
The Addiction Walker edition would work as a staple for your wardrobe. You can’t deny how comfortable and good looking these shoes are—the added pads near the collar and the heel—the extra cushioning aids in your running. You will have the same energy at the end of your marathon as you did at the start.
Plus, when you put on the shoe, you realize that the fit is perfect, and you will not slip in these, giving you the confidence you need and a balanced gait.
- Provides a secure fit for a steady gait
- Prevents slippage on any surface
- Soft cushioning to keep you comfortable all-day
- Long-lasting high performance
- The small toe box squeezes your toes.
ASICS Men’s Gel-Cumulus 21 (Best Running Shoes For Sciatica)
Imagine buying a shoe that irritates your skin, and you can’t walk, nevertheless, run in them, apart from the ache in your back. Such shoes decrease your productivity, and you lose the motivation to work out. However, with ASICS, the case is entirely opposite.
Once you buy these running shoes, you will not want to go back to your regular running shoes. ASICS is famous for producing quality products that promise to facilitate you in your workout and running. You do not have to sacrifice on the comfort, durability, or the softness of the insole. The extra cushioning is a feature we all want, and ASICS delivers.
And let’s not forget just how cool the shoes look with their distinctive design! You can look classy and have a balanced gait thanks to these amazing shoes that do not upset you in any way.
- Best shoes for any kind of foot abnormality
- Soft material keeps you active even at the end of the day
- Extremely bouncy shoes that feel like stepping on a sponge cake
- Enables you to have a natural and stable gait
- Heavier than other models from ASICS
A one-stop solution for all your feet problems and a cure for your backaches. The shoes are specifically designed for people who suffer from any kind of foot abnormality. Whether you have a wide toe or not, you can always expect these running shoes to accommodate your feet regardless of your medical condition.
Buyers said that the shoe reduced their pain, which they previously had while running or towards the end of the day. The shoes come with orthotic insoles that make your feet feel like stepping on a pillow. You ought to buy shoes that provide comfort, and these running shoes do the task perfectly.
Forget about your worries of not being able to run again, sciatica may make it hard for you to run. Still, with the right shoe, it is not impossible.
- Qualified running shoes for any kind of foot problems.
- Light in weight to enable you to run for longer miles.
- Extended widths provide enough room for your feet and do not squeeze it.
- Protects your feet from any detrimental impact.
- The stiff tongue can lead to an uncomfortable feeling.
Do you get back pain while walking or running? You do not need to worry anymore. These running shoes will relieve all of your walking problems. Gravity Defyer shoes proved as an excellent product that comes at your aid and makes running more comfortable for you again.
The shoes come with exceptional shock absorbance quality and extremely comfortable insoles. You will want to run more and more miles in these shoes rather than stopping. Do yourself a favor by buying shoes that fulfill all your needs when purchasing running shoes.
The best feature is that the toe box is just big enough if someone has broad feet, bunions, abnormality owing to diabetes, or just needs space to wiggle their toes. These running shoes are a complete package at the right price.
- Roomy toe box to allow your toes to move freely.
- Added cushions for extra softness.
- Enough space to accommodate an orthosis.
- Shock absorbing quality keeps your feet safe from all kinds of injuries.
- Hefty prices compared to regular running shoes.
Does running exacerbate sciatica trauma? Sadly, YES!
The most common cause for sciatica is a herniated disc. A herniated disc means the disc that is ordinarily present between two vertebrae has protruded from its place and is now irritating the sciatic nerve.
The movement of the hips and the piriformis muscle aid a person in the running. Piriformis muscle is in close contact with the sciatic nerve. When an individual runs, the constant use of the piriformis muscle may also contribute to the sciatic nerve’s irritation because the muscle may become tight or inflamed during running.
What precautionary measures shall I take to decrease sciatic nerve pain?
Maintaining posture is crucial when it comes to sciatica. One must consider how they bend their backs to lift a weight, run, change clothes, or do any other chore and correct their posture. Similarly, exercising regularly to make your spine and abdomen flexible can assist in relieving sciatic pain.
What are the contributing factors behind a sciatic nerve flare-up?
The sciatic nerve is the longest in our body. Whenever the nerve root is irritated because of the narrowing of the space between the vertebrae or a herniated disc, a person may experience a sharp pain in their backs radiating to the buttocks.
Things to maintain arm’s length from, if you are suffering from Sciatica: The doctor’s pragmatism!
Anything that causes a sadistic flare must be avoided—specific postures, foods like processed food, red meat, a few exercises that can irritate the nerve.
Research shows that a diet has a dramatic effect on the development of sciatica. Therefore, it is essential to avoid saturated fats if a person is suffering from sciatica.
I hope I have provided you with a list where you could find yourself a pair to alleviate sciatic symptoms. I, too, have some preferences. For me, ASICS Women’s Gel-Nimbus 21 Running Shoes was the clear winner from the women’s section for the best quality running shoes. I am 100% sure you will agree with me.
Followed by Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes because Brooks can never lag behind.